Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tree Fort

I have been building things all my life and about once a year I build a significant project. Although other relatives are much more prolific creators than I am (visit websites www.karivonwening.com, www.davedolphin.com, www.robertcturner.com). I built a greenhouse, a shed, a wellhouse, a porchdeck, a hutch, a bookcase, etc . . . and a few years ago I built a treefort for my stepson, who was too old to really get into it at the time. So it has been basically holding up the tree limbs since then. Recently, my 8 year old daughter Hope has started to climb up the ladder and then bring friends up and then she found the pulley and a rope and tied it to a basket and she has started hoisting plants up to the fort. This morning she watered them and went up again to talk to them. She has found a new place to go to have fun! It is great to see the fort getting to be used and appreciated. Seems like over time, we get new opportunities to appreciate things we already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment